Property Management and
Rental Agency in Moraira
NEW PROPERTIES REQUIRED FOR 2022 -2023
What we do
We’re here to make sure your house is well maintained and checked while you are away. We offer bi-monthly property checks and we are available 7/7 for emergencies.
Great pictures are the key to high occupancy. We work with a professional interior photographer and we stage your house to make sure the pictures are eye catching.
We work with all major rental platforms as well as niche websites from all over Europe. This allows us to, not only rent your property during the summer months, but also during the slowest months.
Multilingual Customer Care
Our HMR team welcomes clients from all over the world in English, Spanish, French and German.
We invest a lot of time and resources in improving our SEO to make sure we rank higher than other agencies and websites. This enables us to get more than 70% of our bookings directly through our website.
At HMR Holidays we work hard to build strong social media strategies and engage potential clients from all over the world with carefully selected pictures and powerful branding.
A Small Family Business MAKING HOLIDAY DREAMS COME TRUE
Holiday Makers since 2006
nights booked since 2006
years in the business
% Repeat Guests in 2022
From left to right : Rich, Jen, Howard, Iain and Léonie at Villa La Colina.
Did you know ?
HMR HOLIDAYS is one of the only rental agencies in Moraira to pay their owners BEFORE the guest’s arrival.
Why we are different
Here at HMR Holidays we don’t believe in quick fixes and empty promises.
We’re deliberately small in order to maintain a quality of service for both owners and guests. We carefully select our new rental properties and only accept a couple of applications every year to make sure all properties meet our quality requirements. Our team is looking to build durable relationships with our owners, based on mutual trust and collaboration. After more than 15 years of renting properties in Moraira, most of our owners are now close friends.
What does this mean ? Our team knows all our properties inside out and offers a service that goes beyond what a regular 9to5 agency can offer.
We are a web-based company but we meet all our clients directly at the properties and we are available 7/7 for any emergencies. We go beyond just offering holiday rentals in Moraira, we personally advise our guests to make sure they enjoy an unforgettable holiday. Thanks to that special “HMR Holidays” touch, 54% of our bookings in 2022 are from repeat guests.
We answer your questions
What are the requirements to sign up with HMR Holidays ?
We are looking for modern, well maintained properties in Moraira, available for a minimum of 6 weeks during peek season (June-July-August).
We’re not looking for über-modern houses but for well maintained and decorated properties with decent furniture and beds, good quality appliances and a little “special” touch” that will make them stand out. What we value, above all, is the care owners put into their properties.
Some of our basic requirements :
- Air conditioning (at least in the bedrooms) is a MUST, as most guests won’t even consider a house without A/C.
- Wifi : free and unlimited Internet
- Detached villas must have a private pool
- Furniture and beds need to be of good quality
- Apartments : we will only consider modern, high-quality apartments with sea views or great locations. Parking is also a must
- We don’t work with townhouses/semi-detached properties on communities.
What documents are necessary to let my house ?
Please check our article about tourism legislation in Valencia : HERE
You have no offices, will this affect bookings ?
We decided to close our offices because the vast majority of our clients was finding us online rather than through our offices.
We are now investing the resources we used to spend on our office, on improving our website, social media strategies, and SEO ranking. Not having a physical office has in no way affected negatively our bookings, quite the contrary. Regarding check-ins, most of our guests actually prefer meeting directly at the property rather than having to pick up the keys at our offices. We have an emergency number available 24/7 if they have any issues.
Can I block dates for personal use during the rental season ?
When will I get payed my rental income ?
For most bookings, you will receive your rental income 4 weeks before the guest’s arrival. For bookings received via Airbnb and Tripadvisor and in some cases Booking.com, where the rental portal holds the money until the guest’s arrival, you will be paid 3 days after the client’s check-in.
Do I need special home insurance to cover holiday rentals ?
You will need a home and content insurance to cover holiday rentals.
Are there any essential steps to get my rental ready ?
All rental properties must have :
- Garden and Pool services ( we can recommend companies if needed)
- Cutlery and plates to cover the property’s maximum occupancy x 2 – Same goes for cups and glasses.
- Kettle and Coffee machine (preferably capsules)
- Washing Machine and Iron
- Minimum 4 sets of keys ( 2 for clients, 1 for us, 1 for cleaners)
- Duvets for all beds if you are renting from October to May (we will provide linen)
- Good quality pillows ( 1 per guest is a minimum, 2 per guest is usually appreciated)
- The house needs to be well stocked with cleaning supplies for guests. Basic cooking essentials (oil/salt etc) is also a plus.
- Mattress protectors marked with the name of the property
- Enough hangers in the wardrobes ( we recommend getting matching wooden hangers)
- UK and Spanish TV as a minimum
- Enough sunbeds or outdoor seating for all the guests
- Parasols (we don’t recommed supllying expensive parasols are they are prone to breakage)
Do I need to take pictures of my property ?
We will arrange a professional photo shoot of your property with a specialized photographer. These photoshoots are expensive so we need to make sure the property is looking its best, we will help you present and stage the house.
Here are some tips on how to prepare the property :
- Declutter, declutter, declutter – less is more
- Depersonalize: remove family pictures etc
- Add a pop of color (a bowl of lemons, a bright cushion)
- Beds need to be perfectly made ( light-colored linen, no creases)
- Don’t forget the outside space, the garden needs to be tidy, hedges trimmed, pool cleaned, etc
- Windows need to be spotless
We will own the rights to the pictures unless you choose to pay for them.
How will you advertise my property ?
- Your villa will be advertised on all major rental platforms : Airbnb, Booking, Homeaway etc. We also work with niche websites in France and Northern Europe to attract more customers.
- Email marketing and newsletter throughout the year
- We are very active on Facebook and Instagram
- We are constantly working on improving our Ranking on Google and Google Maps
- Collaboration with other rental agents in Moraira
How can I be sure my property is rented to the right people ?
We do not allow groups of people under 25 and large celebrations. We also refuse to provide extra beds in our properties to make sure the villas are not hosting more guests than they can.
We are in contact with the guests before they arrive and will cancel the booking if we don’t feel comfortable about renting them your property. All guests are now required by law to provide their passport information, which will be communicated to the local Guardia Civil. We meet them directly at the house and will require all passports. This helps control who is renting the property and informing guests on how to use the house.
Do I need to provide linen and towels for rentals ?
No, we will provide hotel quality linen and towels for all our guests. This is paid by the guests, not the owner. We do ask our owners to provide duvets if they are renting the property from September to the end of April. Mattress protectors are also a must.
If something gets damaged...who pays for it ?
Our personal insurance policy covers us for damages in the properties up to 300€. We will replace broken parasols, small kitchen appliances, cushions, glasses etc if damaged by guests.
Owners do however have to accept that using and renting a house comes with a reasonable amount of wear and tear. We recommend putting away objects with a high financial or emotional value.
It is extremely rare to have damages in villas for more than 300€ but this should be covered by your home insurance.
Can use your services but also advertise the villa myself ?
Unfortunately no, we work on a strict exclusive, non-compete contract. Of course, you are free to host friends and family but you won’t be able to advertise your house yourself on rental platforms. This avoids confusion for potential bookers, double bookings etc.
If we do our job well, you won’t need it 😉
Do you manage the house when it isn't rented ?
We do offer different management packs on top of our rental services.
- Choosing to have your house fully managed means we will be on call to help resolve issues throughout the year, regardless of if the villa is rented or not. This is a great option for owners who live abroad and need someone to check and maintain the house throughout the year.
- If you don’t want us to fully manage the house, please keep in mind that we will only managed issues etc when we have renters in the villa.
We offer key holding services as well as monthly or bi-monthly property checks. We will also coordinate necessary repairs and plumber/gardeners etc
To know more about our management services, please send us a message.
From Our Owners
“As an owner of a holiday villa in Moraira, I have worked with HMR Holidays for five years now. I have always found them to be reliable, helpful, informative and most importantly willing to respond at short notice when things need sorting! They have supported my aim of renting my villa at the right price, to the right people and for the right amount of weeks”David and Sandra Thompson
“We engaged HMR in June 2018 as our property agents in Moraira where they provided a full service of property advice, search and viewing, through to price negotiation and purchase support during every stage of the Spanish legal process. The advice on income and pricing, together with maintenance and renovation has been invaluable and we continue to feel like we are in very experienced and reliable hands.
It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with HMR Holidays and they continue to go above and beyond that expected – Thank You ”David and Andrea
“We have recently purchased a villa in the area and were introduced to Irene and Howard Roche by our friends.The whole team, have proved to be extremely professional, reliable and most of all helpful not only to us but to the guests during their visit. This makes for a positive experience all around. Nothing is too much trouble and we would have no hesitation at all in recommending the team at HMR to manage any property. The cleaning service is second to none and all hassle free. They have made our first year of owning a home on the Costa Blanca an absolute pleasure”Mr & Mrs Bayer-Kay
Ready to rent with us?
Let’s schedule a quick, casual chat to see if we would be a good fit !
Call Iain : 0034.622.214.171.124
Email : email@example.com